posted by Dark0ne
Mount & Blade General
Something I've been wanting to do away with for a while now is the need for a multi-part upload system for files that are larger than 1Gb, or for people who have unstable connections and can't upload large files before getting dropped.
Following the successful roll-out of our new code on all the Nexus sites (we're almost there, just 3 more sites to go!) Axel is going to be continuing work on a new upload system. This upload system is going to support upload resuming and pausing. Much like download resuming this means if you upload 75% of your file and then get disconnected for whatever reason you'll only need to upload the remaining 25% of the file when you come back to uploading your file. Really handy if you've got unstable internet or if you get disconnected at 99% when uploading huge files. You'll also be able to pause your upload, so if you're halfway through uploading a 5Gb file and you want to hop in to a multiplayer game, you can simply pause your upload and resume it later.
In preparation for these changes all the Nexus sites now support file sizes up to 5Gb. So while you won't be able to resume your uploads yet if you get disconnected, as long as you've got a stable connection you should be able to upload super large files now without having to split your files in to separate archives. Once Axel's new upload system is in place we'll do away with the multi-part upload system completely and work on combining all the archives that people have uploaded as multi-parts in to one single file.